GPU monster decision

spykap21

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2015
Hello Friends,

I want to ask which brand should i choose for my 4k system, i have a friend which can find me a new sealed SC2 EVGA 1080ti , at 680 euros. but i hear things in multiple forums for this card. the other choises are msi,asus, or gigabyte. but i cant afford them, here in greece they cost about 950 euros. i have a very cheap chance with that SC2 EVGA , i pull through about 300 euros.

so i want to buy SC2 , but i want to hear your views about the card that i need to pick.

Thank you very much.

Solution
What did you hear on multiple forums about the SC2? I would say the SC2 is one of the best 1080 ti's on the market for the price. It is an overbuilt card with an excellent VRM, thermal pads between the main heatsink and everything that produces heat on the card, as well as the ICX sensors which monitor VRM temps as well as memory and a few other things it is one of the only cards on the market in it's price group with those features.

The early EVGA SC 1080s and 1070s had problems with VRM temps and reports of a few cards with VRM failures due to high temps. EVGA responded to that with cards like the SC2 and others with the new ICX cooling system. I would say that any EVGA card with the ICX cooler are excellent and overbuilt to ensure...

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
What did you hear on multiple forums about the SC2? I would say the SC2 is one of the best 1080 ti's on the market for the price. It is an overbuilt card with an excellent VRM, thermal pads between the main heatsink and everything that produces heat on the card, as well as the ICX sensors which monitor VRM temps as well as memory and a few other things it is one of the only cards on the market in it's price group with those features.

The early EVGA SC 1080s and 1070s had problems with VRM temps and reports of a few cards with VRM failures due to high temps. EVGA responded to that with cards like the SC2 and others with the new ICX cooling system. I would say that any EVGA card with the ICX cooler are excellent and overbuilt to ensure they never have problems with things like VRM overheating again.

Solution