GPU, Motherboard, and Monitor

jomarsison422

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
I have Intel Core i5 4460 (Intel HD Graphics 4600) and Asus GTX 760 and Gigabyte B85M-HD3. I'm just confuse. So please make it clear to me:

1.) I plug the only monitor to the GPU, monitor works, but when I plug it into the Motherboard, it doesn't display anything. (Is that normal?)
2.) When i plug the monitor to the GPU, I can't open the Intel Control Panel. (Is that normal?)
3.) If I plug the Monitor to the GPU, will I be able to play games on Integrated Graphics (and how to do that if Yes?) Or all games that i played will be by the GPU?

I know GPU is the best option in gaming, I'm just confused. Thanks in Advance!!!

1.) I plug the only monitor to the GPU, monitor works, but when I plug it into the Motherboard, it doesn't display anything. (Is that normal?)

Yes. Integrated GPU is automatically disabled by the BIOS when a PCI/PCI-e GPU is detected, to avoid a driver & resources conflict.

2.) When i plug the monitor to the GPU, I can't open the Intel Control Panel. (Is that normal?)

Intel Control Panel only works when monitor is connected to the integrated Intel GPU (with the PCI/PCI-e GPU removed).

3.) If I plug the Monitor to the GPU, will I be able to play games on Integrated Graphics (and how to do that if Yes?) Or all games that i played will be by the GPU?

If a PCI/PCI-e GPU is installed it will automatically get used for everything because the integrated GPU is effectively "dead" under those circumstances.