Question GPU needs one 8pin and i only have a 6pin on my PSU

Munhe

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
So i have a PSU 600w MS industrial, it has only one 8pin connector(4+4) and one 6 pin, but my MSI gtx 1060 6gb needs an 8pin connector, so what would my best option be? To get a 6pin to 8pin connector or some other way? All help is much appreciated,thank you in advance,btw i am using my 8pin for the CPU(ryzen 5 2600),i know there are 6pins to 8pins conectors i also know there are 12v molex to 8pins(whatever that is)

So i have a PSU 600w MS industrial, it has only one 8pin connector(4+4) and one 6 pin, but my MSI gtx 1060 6gb needs an 8pin connector, so what would my best option be? To get a 6pin to 8pin connector or some other way? All help is much appreciated,thank you in advance,btw i am using my 8pin for the CPU(ryzen 5 2600),i know there are 6pins to 8pins conectors i also know there are 12v molex to 8pins(whatever that is)

Do NOT mix up just the number of pins as the only thing you need. You need a PCIe power connection to the video card, not the one that goes to the CPU. Using just any connector can damage the video card and power supply. Even though you are getting a better quality power supply keep things in mind when you install it. You need the right connector to the right device, not just count the pin number. Luckily those cables should be configured so you can't plug them into the wrong thing, but still you need to know this.

Reactions: RobCrezz