[SOLVED] GPU no power, fans not spinning and not showing in device manager. GPU dead?

Jan 25, 2019
So I have an one year old MSI GTX 980 gaming 4gb and it doesn't work anymore. I have it plugged into a working motherboard and have enough power to use it. The leds aren't turning on, the fans are not spinning and it is not showing up in device manager. Does anyone know something else I can try? Or does someone know how to check a GPU for what part is broken?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
You can't fix the video card, especially if you don't know what to check for already. You may want to give some background to the issue. The card worked fine before? Did it just die out of no-where or was it slowly crashing, giving artifact in images, etc..? Was it overclocked? What power supply are you using wiht it? Sounds like you tested it in another system correct? So it does not work in two systems?

Jan 25, 2019

So it originally isn't my GPU and the problem already occured before I got it. The card did work fine before, then stripes appeared on the screen and then it stopped working. I am not sure if it was ever overclocked. I am using a different GPU at the moment (GTX 1070) which is working fine and I have the 980 plugged into the second x16 slot of my motherboard. There is a white led with indicates if there is anything in the slot, which is turned on. Leds and fans of GPU are not turning on. It is not a problem with the system as it works with the gpu in it, without using it. PSU is a 650 rm corsair gold PSU

Jan 25, 2019

It is not showing up there at all. My gtx 1070 is showing but no 980, even with hidden devices turned on

If it was already having issues, not odd that it's not working now. A failing card won't get better, if it does not work in two different systems, card is bad.

Solution