jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
So my screen goes no signal after i try to start pc after installing gpu drivers.
i already made a thread on that: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-signal-when-instaling-gpu-drivers.3509121/
But my question is can use my card with standard drivers of something like that?
is there any way to fix it?
Also all last week my gpu worked and i played some games but suddenly it happened again.
my gpu r9 285
And i guess maybe its beacuse i am using adapter VGA-DVI, i have seen some people fixed the problem by changing port from display port to HDMI.

But my question is can use my card with standard drivers of something like that?

Solution
I tried using 7+ different driver including one from 2014, and also used DDU to uninstall previous drivers.
Will maybe updating windows to 10 (i am using 7) make some change.
Or updating BIOS?
I guess Updating the BIOS makes some sense for your Kind of problem, Please ensure you are flashing your Bios the right way and carefully follow the instructions provided by your Bios manufacturer cause you can <<EDITED>> very hard.
As for Windows 10. It SHOULDNT make any difference, still i recommend to use W10 since its the latest and most compatible OS for almost all products who where manufacturer past W10 Release.

Ramlethal

Estimable
If you use your Card without any Drivers from the manufacturer it is most likely like not having it plugged cause you are not making use of the GPU features.
Drivers are created for something, like everything, it has its propouse... I suggest you to DDU and Install the least updated / First release Drivers for your GPU that way you will get Outdated Drivers but stable ones.
Anyways for what i could read in your last post nothing Software releated can help you out and maybe trying a different connection method could help solve the issues.

jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
If you use your Card without any Drivers from the manufacturer it is most likely like not having it plugged cause you are not making use of the GPU features.
Drivers are created for something, like everything, it has its propouse... I suggest you to DDU and Install the least updated / First release Drivers for your GPU that way you will get Outdated Drivers but stable ones.
Anyways for what i could read in your last post nothing Software releated can help you out and maybe trying a different connection method could help solve the issues.
I tried using 7+ different driver including one from 2014, and also used DDU to uninstall previous drivers.
Or updating BIOS?

Ramlethal

Estimable
Or updating BIOS?
I guess Updating the BIOS makes some sense for your Kind of problem, Please ensure you are flashing your Bios the right way and carefully follow the instructions provided by your Bios manufacturer cause you can <<EDITED>> very hard.
As for Windows 10. It SHOULDNT make any difference, still i recommend to use W10 since its the latest and most compatible OS for almost all products who where manufacturer past W10 Release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS