Question GPU no signal w/ multiple ports

Pooltheboy

Prominent
Jan 16, 2020
At first, my pc was unresponsive in sleep mode; I restarted and it booted fine, then again it entered sleep mode and was unresponsive to keyboard/mouse input (I’ve previously went through and unticked power saving options for my devices). Led indicators did not work on my keyboard.

I either restarted or more likely pulled out and in my hdmi to get a signal, although the port has always been very touchy, sometimes switching cables or adjusting the angle to make it work; never any visual artifacts, and cables work fine on other systems. Last time I put it in I vowed I’d never touch it again.

I unplugged the pc from power, removed my gpu for the first time and cleaned some dust away from the PCIe slot and put it back in.

So now I don’t have any signal, I tried the display port next to it for the first time and still nothing. Just got rid of my vga cables so I don’t have the ability to run on integrated atm.

Any help or advice is appreciated, the Pc is about 4 years old, and as much as I don’t want to get a new one, I might have to. I thought of getting a rtx 3060 with psu, but might be better to upgrade everything. Motherboard is optiplex 990, i5 cpu, gtx 760, 12g ddr3, 450w psu.

Thanks for your time and any advice

Pooltheboy

Prominent
Jan 16, 2020
Got display again after I switched around RAM; no residue.

At first I booted without HDMI hooked up and it started a long beeping noise, so I turned it off and on again with the cable in and the display worked again.

I only get issues when I’m on New World, yesterday the display went out again and the audio stuttered, today it went black and said “unsupported mode.”

Unfortunately I have to restart each time, but at least now my pc is fine doing anything else and in other games, and my hdmi port seems to work better than before, what’s weird is all these different display issues only when I’m in that game

Pooltheboy

Prominent
Jan 16, 2020
PC worked fine for a while, but then every now and then I would get no signal when playing games. I’d restart, but it started to happen more quickly.

Rolled back my drivers and the signal kept being lost, sometimes with no applications.
I’ve had bsod with nvldmkm.sys fail, but screen also went blank white, pink, and, black when crashing.

Reseated ram again with my gpu and now I don’t get any signal. I tried reseating the gpu again but nothing. It’s much louder now than before.

Haven’t taken out mb battery, but I might try that next, and use only one ram stick. Is my gpu dying?