gpu no signal

efpesas

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
So I bought new motherboard (asus h110m-r) because my old one "died" and now when i plug my hdmi cable to my gpu it shows black screen (no signal) , when I connect it to motherboard hdmi port it works fine , i've tried updating my bios to the latest version but still same.. gpu gtx 1050 ti

Solution

iGPU means your CPU's Integrated GPU or onboard GPU; this is not what you want. You want that set to AUTO (prefered) or PCI-E. Auto is nice because it will look for a PCI GPU; and if it can't find it, it will revert to iGPU.

Also, make sure that your graphics card is in the PCI slot closest to the CPU. Lastly, check to see if your card requires extra power connectors; if...

efpesas

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

Oh my god.. i did that and even turned on igpu and still nothing... there is less and less hope.. is it possible that this mobo is broken? Or my gpu? My pc Is only 1 month old. Can it be broken?

That just means it's getting power.

Take it out and enjoy your computer until you get a new one.

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017

iGPU means your CPU's Integrated GPU or onboard GPU; this is not what you want. You want that set to AUTO (prefered) or PCI-E. Auto is nice because it will look for a PCI GPU; and if it can't find it, it will revert to iGPU.

Also, make sure that your graphics card is in the PCI slot closest to the CPU. Lastly, check to see if your card requires extra power connectors; if it does, make sure they are plugged in.

Solution

The Motherboard will automatically detect a PCIe Graphics card when installed and use that 1st.

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017

Not if the bios is set to iGPU. It has to be set to AUTO or PCI-E to look at the PCI Bus for a graphics card.

OP: You might also want to reinstall your GPU. Blow out the PCI slot and make sure it sits all the way in and snaps into place. Since your fan is running, it is probably seated correctly. Sometimes the back of the card doesn't seat properly. If that doesn't work, see if you can test the GPU in another computer.

He already set back to defaults before.