GPU no signal

Oct 29, 2018
My setup:
i5 9600K
gtx 1060 6gb SSC EVGA
asus prime z370p

I plug my monitor using DVI to my graphics card and the monitor displays 'no signal'. Can somebody help? Also, I haven't tried updating my bios on my mobo for my 9600K. Can you update bios when there is no signal from the gpu? The integrated gpu didn't work either. Thanks in advance.

Solution
there should be a bios sticker on your motherboard (lower right-hand side) that will have the last four numbers 0408 or 0612 they are the bios versions. like you said its possible your bios may need updating for that chip which would explain the symptoms that you are having. you will need bios version 1002 for your system to get up and running. what does sticker say?
Need more info, is this a new setup that never worked, just started not working, did you get a new card, etccc? Are you using any adapters/converters? What is the power supply brand and model? When you tested the motherboard video, did you remove the 1060 card? If you did, that means the system is not working at all. Does it turn on OK, lights, fans, etc.. go on?

there should be a bios sticker on your motherboard (lower right-hand side) that will have the last four numbers 0408 or 0612 they are the bios versions. like you said its possible your bios may need updating for that chip which would explain the symptoms that you are having. you will need bios version 1002 for your system to get up and running. what does sticker say?

Solution
Oct 29, 2018

Oct 29, 2018
Thanks for noticing my thread. I recently bought this pc, built it and the lights and fans and all those turns on. This system is brand new and never been used. I'm not using any adapters and the psu is from EVGA and the 600BQ version. Also I did remove the card when I connected the monitor cord to the mobo.

If you nee to update the BIOS to have the CPU work, you will need to borrow a CPU that does work, and update the BIOS then. Or return the motherboard and get a motherboard that supports the CPU out of the box.

Dec 8, 2018
You need To update your Z370 board to 9th gen you will need 8th gen CPU not 9th (as any CPU that currently works with your motherboard).

You could buy something like i3-8100, plug it in just to update bios and then swap out for your 9th gen.