Question GPU noise when playing CSGO ?

gullyguygreg

Honorable
Mar 11, 2019
Hi. I have just upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti GAMING OC 8G

When I open CSGO (CS2) and I am at the main menu of the game, the GPU starts making a lot of noise from the fans like it's struggling with it. But once I join an actual game server it goes back to silent. It seems kind of weird because theoretically wouldn't it be silent in the main menu of the game (where nothing happens) and make noise once I join a game server? This would make more sense to me. What do you think is this because? I also have GeForce Experience installed, does this help at all for the gaming?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

The key is to understand what the computer is doing or trying to do when the GPU fans are or become noisy And what changes when the noise stops.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one tool at a time. There are other tools that may prove helpful - those tools will be the next effort if and as necessary.

Open the tool window and leave it open simply watch. Then go into the game's main menu and continue to watch and listen to the fans.

Lastly, join the game and see what happens. (Remember you are troubleshooting and not playing to win...)

Try with and without GeForce Experience.

gullyguygreg

Honorable
Mar 11, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

The key is to understand what the computer is doing or trying to do when the GPU fans are or become noisy And what changes when the noise stops.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one tool at a time. There are other tools that may prove helpful - those tools will be the next effort if and as necessary.

Open the tool window and leave it open simply watch. Then go into the game's main menu and continue to watch and listen to the fans.

Lastly, join the game and see what happens. (Remember you are troubleshooting and not playing to win...)

Try with and without GeForce Experience.

Sure, thanks for reply.
My current setup;

cpu i5-7400
mobo ga-b250m-ds3h
ram 16 gb
gpu rtx 3060 ti gaming 8g
psu cx550
ssd 860 evo 250 gb (100 gb free space remaining)

I checked task mngr and;
ram 55-60% static
ssd 0% static
cpu: 75-95% (even 100 in game)
gpu: main menu 50-55% at 60-65 C, in game 30-35%

Note: When I press alt tab to switch from CS2 to check the task manager everything goes down and when I press alt tab again to go back to CS2 it immediately starts picking up % and noise.

Last edited: