[SOLVED] GPU not being detected after changing thermal paste.

May 30, 2021
So I changed my thermal paste and now my pc is using integrated and not detecting my GPU
I connected all the cables back don't know why is the GPU isn't getting detected I tried booting with 1 ram stick I reset the bios to default settings and it still isn't working could someone please help me fix this?
also when I try to download the drivers for the GPU it says error 173 cant detect any AMD hardware and also when I put the HDMI cable in the GPU it says no signal
Specs: i5-4590s
Phantom Gaming D 8GB RX570 OC
ASRock H97 Pro4 Motherboard
2x Team 4GB DDR3 1600 I x1 HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR3 1600
NZXT CPU Cooler (Not sure what model it is)
Seasonic PSU (Not sure what model it is)
Arctic MX-4 Thermal Paste

Last edited:
Solution
Why would I mean the CPU when you cleaned the gpu haha. I meant the gpu. If i was you I'd reopen it again and check how the spread of the thermal paste is. I hope for you the paste is not electrical conductive. If it's all smudged to the sides you overtightened (and in case the past IS electrical conductive you shortened the chip) . Clean it, reapply and reassemble the card, without overtighten the screws. They have to be in place and screwed, but they don't need to be seal tight.

If the issue remains you most likely damaged it the first time when you reassembled the card.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Why would I mean the CPU when you cleaned the gpu haha. I meant the gpu. If i was you I'd reopen it again and check how the spread of the thermal paste is. I hope for you the paste is not electrical conductive. If it's all smudged to the sides you overtightened (and in case the past IS electrical conductive you shortened the chip) . Clean it, reapply and reassemble the card, without overtighten the screws. They have to be in place and screwed, but they don't need to be seal tight.

If the issue remains you most likely damaged it the first time when you reassembled the card.

Reactions: Bassman999
Solution