Question GPU Not being detected after windows 10 reinstall.

radiatedbug

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2015
After the clean reinstall, the GPU (780m Geoforce) is literally no where to be found. I went to dell's website and used their "find my laptop drivers" and installed them, none of which included the Nvidia driver. The only thing I havent updated is my BIOS, and I can not and I wont update it any time soon, the reason behind that is because my laptop's battery is fried, and so Ill have to keep it plugged in the charger to stay on, and so when I try and update my BIOS, it just wont let me due to "you have to make sure your laptop is connected to the AC adapter, and the power batter supply." And I can not do that. I have an Alienware 18 (2013), 780M SLI, i7 4900MQ, The version of my current bios is 2015, the same as it was before the reinstall, and it was working fine. ALL I need right now is to figure out how to let my pc detect my GPU and start using it. Thanks

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
For all intents and purposes you're going to have to invest on a battery otherwise you're essentially running a laptop like a desktop without any form of battery(UPS) backup. Which OS are your working with? If it's Windows 10, we're already working with 1903.

radiatedbug

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2015
For all intents and purposes you're going to have to invest on a battery otherwise you're essentially running a laptop like a desktop without any form of battery(UPS) backup. Which OS are your working with? If it's Windows 10, we're already working with 1903.
Are you a 100% sure if I get a battery replacment I will have my problem regarding the GPU detecion resolved? I am just making sure because it was running perfect with the same version of the BIOS before the reinstall.

radiatedbug

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2015
Also, thanks for your quick reply, did not expect a reply that fst to be honest.