Question gpu not detected by bios

Dec 7, 2019
Hey,

i recently upgraded my gpu from a 760 to a 980, however when i plug in my 980 it powers up doesn't output anythingthing and isn't detected by bios.

i've tried updating bios, tried installing it in different slots and fiddling with drivers but i can't seem to get anything to work. the card does power up but i can't get it to actually output anything.

something odd i noticed is that it is detected in the intel graphics command centre as when i put in 760 it only finds 2 gig of video memory instead of 4 meaning it is at least detecting a change in hardware.

if anyone has any ideas id be really grateful.

my specs are:
asus z170 delux motherboard
evga geforce 980
corsair vengeance LPX 16gb (8x2)
intel core i7 6700k

Lutfij

Titan
Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous GPU's drivers prior to removing the GTX760? The pseudo new GPU will also have a higher power draw compared to the 760.

You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

What is the age of your PSU? Include it's make and model, not just it's wattage.

Dec 7, 2019
Did you use DDU to uninstall your previous GPU's drivers prior to removing the GTX760? The pseudo new GPU will also have a higher power draw compared to the 760.

You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

What is the age of your PSU? Include it's make and model, not just it's wattage.

thanks for the heads up, ill keep it in mind for the future.

i didn't uninstall the drivers with DDU but i did remove them through the windows device manager, i also checked specs on pc part picker to confirm that i'd have enough power to run the new card and it says i do.

my power supply is a corsair cx600 and it's only a year and a half old.