Aug 8, 2019
So I recently built a PC. It worked fine for a few days but then suddenly stopped. It won’t even post. I turn on my PC, fans spin and things light up, however nothing shows up on my monitor

I started to look around for possible issues to remedy, I checked the cpu is seared fine with no bent pin, made sure the ram was seated properly, checked if the gpu is connected fully, and checked to see if all the cables from the psu were connected to the right slots and that they were fully connected.
I then noticed my motherboards VGA light was on which means something is wrong with the gpu. I got a replacement gpu and plugged it in, however the same issue came up where the VGA light is on.

The tough part is that my cpu does not have integrated graphics which means it couldn’t boot without a gpu installed.
I was wondering, would it be worth a shot to get an older generation cpu temporarily to use that has integrated graphics to boot up the pc and see if I can solve the issue after the PC boots?

The reason I ask this is because I read that some people found out that the issue is that their bios was not up to date and could not register their hardware properly.

In case you were wondering my specs are as follows:

Ryzen 7 2700x
Aorus b450 elite
Msi 1660 ti gaming X
2x8gb 3000mhz DDR4 ram
600w Evga psu

Solution
You do have a graphics card to use don’t you if your still having problems try checking ram is seated properly try one stick of ram at a time if your using an m.2 as a boot drive make sure the bios is able to use it seems weird I know but an early bios caused this once I take it your psu is new. Had to install os on a normal HD once to get it going on a different motherboard then update bios weird..hope you used all the spacers when installing motherboard and you did not bend any pins on cpu
Aug 7, 2019
Have updated your bios to the latest version if you have this might be the cause as these are for the latest ryzens the Ageas code has caused issues with earlier ryzens

Aug 8, 2019
Have updated your bios to the latest version if you have this might be the cause as these are for the latest ryzens the Ageas code has caused issues with earlier ryzens
i have not yet, the reason is because my cpu never had integrated graphics, so i couldnt boot it at all. however i just got an older ryzen cpu and will be trying to boot it up to see what the issue is. ill keep you posted on the outcome

Aug 7, 2019
You do have a graphics card to use don’t you if your still having problems try checking ram is seated properly try one stick of ram at a time if your using an m.2 as a boot drive make sure the bios is able to use it seems weird I know but an early bios caused this once I take it your psu is new. Had to install os on a normal HD once to get it going on a different motherboard then update bios weird..hope you used all the spacers when installing motherboard and you did not bend any pins on cpu

Solution

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
So I recently built a PC. It worked fine for a few days but then suddenly stopped. It won’t even post. I turn on my PC, fans spin and things light up, however nothing shows up on my monitor

I started to look around for possible issues to remedy, I checked the cpu is seared fine with no bent pin, made sure the ram was seated properly, checked if the gpu is connected fully, and checked to see if all the cables from the psu were connected to the right slots and that they were fully connected.
I then noticed my motherboards VGA light was on which means something is wrong with the gpu. I got a replacement gpu and plugged it in, however the same issue came up where the VGA light is on.

The tough part is that my cpu does not have integrated graphics which means it couldn’t boot without a gpu installed.
I was wondering, would it be worth a shot to get an older generation cpu temporarily to use that has integrated graphics to boot up the pc and see if I can solve the issue after the PC boots?

The reason I ask this is because I read that some people found out that the issue is that their bios was not up to date and could not register their hardware properly.

In case you were wondering my specs are as follows:

Ryzen 7 2700x
Aorus b450 elite
Msi 1660 ti gaming X
2x8gb 3000mhz DDR4 ram
600w Evga psu
Plug in an HDMI cord into ur gpu if ur gpu has that option and try that then install the latest drivers for your graphics card. Had that issue