[SOLVED] gpu not detected by motherboard

Jun 27, 2020
Hello,
I have a gigabyte z370 aorus ultra gaming wifi op motherboard and a zotac gtx 1050ti graphics card. Everything was fine until a few days ago. Suddenly the display got blank, saying no signal. I tried reconnecting the hdmi cable and all but no use. Since then I have checked a lot of things, but nothing seems to be working. But when I plug the hdmi to the motherboard display output ,there is a display. I looked at the device manger and there is no nvidia adapter there. I tried the following,
1.cleaned full pc including graphics card and the slots (dust).
2.updated bios.
3.disabled integrated graphics in bios, but then no display from either ports. so had to reset cmos.
4.changed graphic card slots on mother board (pci e)
5. interchanged ram slots.

The gpu fan is running but no output from the hdmi pot.
Should say, one time display worked from the graphics card, but then after the restart it all went back to the previous stage. can't update the driver for nvidia because pc cant detect the hardware.

Solution
For the iGPU to automatically turn back on whilst the card was in sounds like it's flaking out. Could be the motherboard but doubt it since you tried other slots. An intermittent workings of an electronic part doesn't indicate there's nothing wrong with it. Updating bios was unnecessary because if it worked before then it's obviously something else.

Trying another card would quickly tell the story.
Jun 27, 2020
but the card is working and one time pc detected the card and I installed the drivers and all. but then took the card out, cleaned some dust and put it back and then no output. also there should be a reason why it failed right? or is it the problem of motherboard?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
For the iGPU to automatically turn back on whilst the card was in sounds like it's flaking out. Could be the motherboard but doubt it since you tried other slots. An intermittent workings of an electronic part doesn't indicate there's nothing wrong with it. Updating bios was unnecessary because if it worked before then it's obviously something else.

Trying another card would quickly tell the story.

Solution