[SOLVED] GPU not detected in windows

Dec 2, 2019
So I have tried looking around and searching for the better part of 4 hours.

My GPU in a new build is not being detected in device manager. It shows up in the BIOS as slotted in PCIE-1 as NVIDIA VGA GPU x16 or something like that I don’t remember exactly and I’m not at home to look.

Components list as follows:

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Rip jaw 2x8GB DDR4-3600 Ram
Ryzen 7 3700x
EVGA 2080 Super Black
EVGA 650w 80+ Gold PSU
NVME SSD by intel

I have tried swapping PCIE slots
Running 2 cables from the PSU to GPU

The computer boots fine and runs windows it just won’t detect the GPU in windows or let me install drivers or anything.

Solution
Use DDU ASAP, make sure its seated properly, make sure your windows drivers are up to date, make sure windows is up to date make sure you are downloading the Correct Nvidia RTX2080 drivers, use ddu uninstall EVERY driver, redownload rtx2080 drivers install and recheck GPUZ, Us AMD 5700 owners do this on a daily LOL
Dec 2, 2019
Windows (without a driver) should simply display "Microsoft basic adapter" (or something to that effect).

What happens when you try to install the GPU driver from Nvidia's website?

It displays exactly that. When j try to install the drivers it basically tells em I can’t because it didn’t find a supported GPU

Dec 2, 2019
That is odd.
Normally I'd ensure you're connected to the GPU itself and not the onboard graphics (out of the motherboard), but with a 3700X, that alternative isn't possible.

Where did you acquire this 2080?

I bought it off amazon and it was delivered Friday. Completely new build. It’s just odd to me that it shows up in BIOS but I can’t find it in device manager. There are some unknown PCIE devices in device manager. I haven’t done a BIOS update since I don’t own a thumb drive. I planned to pick one up tomorrow and give it a shot.

Also it is definitely plugged into the graphics card and not the motherboard.

Dec 2, 2019
I’m case anyone else comes across this basically I was running a 3 year old version of windows 10 that didn’t support the 2080. I had to manually go to the windows website and download and install the new version to make it compatible and that fixed the issue.

Nov 29, 2019
Use DDU ASAP, make sure its seated properly, make sure your windows drivers are up to date, make sure windows is up to date make sure you are downloading the Correct Nvidia RTX2080 drivers, use ddu uninstall EVERY driver, redownload rtx2080 drivers install and recheck GPUZ, Us AMD 5700 owners do this on a daily LOL

Solution