Question GPU not detected on 2nd boot

Oct 11, 2024
Yesterday I finished building my pc booted to bios and then installed windows. Everything was working fine and the gpu was detected. Today when booting the gpu isn't detected anymore. When connecting the displayport to the mobo, the rest of the system works fine.
Honeslty I have no idea at this point.
I can't install new drivers because geforce experience can't install if it doesn't see a gpu.
The gpu seems to be seated correctly.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need more info. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Why would you need to use the second PCIe slot for your GPU? Or did you mean you tried the second slot as well as you've gotten nowhere?

Oct 11, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need more info. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Why would you need to use the second PCIe slot for your GPU? Or did you mean you tried the second slot as well as you've gotten nowhere?
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x
CPU cooler: Thermalright peerless assasin 120
Motherboard:Gigabyte B650 eagle
Ram: 2x16GB Kingston fury DDR5 5200MT/s CL36
SSD/HDD:WD BLUE SN580
GPU:RTX4070 TI Super Gigabyte gaming oc
PSU:Corsair RM850x 2024
Chassis:Fractal design meshify 2 compact
Monitor: Gigabyte G27Q
Bios: F31

Not sure what you mean I never tried to use the secons PCIe slot. The gpu stopped working today(2nd boot ever). Yesterday(1st boot) it worked correctly.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2024
Can you show screenshot from Device Manager with Display Adapters section expanded?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Do you have any items in Device Manager with yellow exclamation marks?
View: https://imgur.com/a/7ah3yHw

Only shows the integrated graphics. Earlier after clicking on show hidden devices it would also show the RTX, but not detect it. I pressed uninstall in the hopes that it would reinstall after reset, so now it doesn;t show at all.
No, there are no exclamation marks.

Oct 11, 2024
Is PCIE power cable properly connected to the card?
Could the cable have become loose?

If card is installed properly and cables connected properly and it still is not being detected,
then it seems like a dead graphics card.
I'll replug them and see, though I checked now and everything seems to be fine.
Really seems like a bad gpu, but what irks me is that it's such a weird issue. If the gpu had a fault I'd expect it to not work at all, not work for 1h and then die.