Question GPU not detected

mobius19

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
i'm trying to build a pc from leftover parts, and I got this ati radeon r7 250 2gb video card which cannot be detected by the motherboard (ecs h61h2-m2)
i get no display when I connect the dvi cable to the gpu, but when I connected it to the DVI port on the motherboard the display's just fine but the igpu's the one being detected...
i know that the gpu works fine, I've already tested it on my main pc, but from what I know, the igpu won't work when there's a video card connected, even in post, there's no display from the gpu, only from the igpu...how's this possible? i've already tried disabling the igpu from the bios, but it's still not working, any help?

I presume your GPU does NOT require any external PCI-e connector ? Have you tried updating the BIOS on the ECS Motherboard ? Though the last BIOS is from this date: 12/23/2013. A bit old. Are you booting the system in Legacy, or UEFI mode ?

Maybe try clearing/resetting all the CMOS settings to default, if need be ?

mobius19

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
ok, update, i remembered, it was a different bios that i flashed back then, so that means i haven't updated this one, i did a reset on it, but when i tried to update it, it always fails, i did the me_unlock, still nothing...

Last edited: