Question GPU not detected

Dec 2, 2020
Hey all

I'm almost finished my build however i'm having an issue with device manager recognizing my GPU . and every time i try to download recent drivers my GPU crashes and i have to go safe mode and remove drives with DDU. It only shows in BIOS as vga compatible controller but shows up in CPUID as radeon 5600xt and in GPU-Z its shows display name as Microsoft Basic display adapter. but all the info is for my card and the Lookup function takes me to the correct webpage .
My GPU is displaying via hdmi to my monitor

here are my specs ;
Ryzen 2600x
MSI gaming plus max b450
kingston 120gb m.2
Aegis 2x8 DDRM4 3200
Sapphire 5600xt be
bequiet! sys 9 700w

here is what i have tried so far;
checked power supply(connected with 8pin PCIe 12v1 ).
Latest version of windows updated.
flashed bios to latest version.
Cmos reset.
tried other PCI slot

Any other suggestions appreciated

Dec 2, 2020
yes its a new GPU , unfortunately i don't know anyone where i could test it .
it seems fine the fans are spinning and i have output . its my first build so id be fairly sickened if I have to replace parts

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
try not download the new drivers from the AMD website. Have you tried letting windows install the drivers automatically, usually when you install a New GPU in your system windows would have to install the GPU drivers, while it’s not going to install the latest drivers AMD provided, but a bit older released ones.

if it the problem still occurs try to get the card RMA if it’s under warranty as it should be since it’s new. Then again if you have a friend or anyone with a PC that at least have a PCIE slot can test your GPU to make sure.

Is everything new or do you have anything used?

I would not let windows install whatever drivers it finds, amd website is your place to go and get them. You can try 2 - 3 versions previous to the latest if you want.

If the problem still occurs, I would rma the card.

Dec 2, 2020
Is everything new or do you have anything used?

I would not let windows install whatever drivers it finds, amd website is your place to go and get them. You can try 2 - 3 versions previous to the latest if you want.

If the problem still occurs, I would rma the card.
Everything is new .
I have tried a couple of different versions of drivers off AMD website and still the same .install to 75% then GPU crashes

I think I know a spot where I could test my card elsewhere I will try tomorrow All else failing looking like an RMA alright