Jan 16, 2023
I have asus prime a320m-k brand new with 2x8 gb ram and athlon 3000G cpu i tried to install my Old GPU which is GTS450 but the motherboard did not detect anything. I tried to research some gpu are not detectable because of their outdated updates and model. can someone help me?

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
This is what i found on internet

"Modern motherboards also might not work with older GPUs if you’ve disabled legacy boot mode in BIOS, but new motherboards should have both Legacy and UEFI boot available by default (if you’ve set boot to UEFI mode only and can’t get an old GPU to work, resetting your motherboard’s CMOS should resolve it).
Even if hardware are compatible there might be software incompatibilities, Most UEFI/non-UEFI problems"

Reactions: ShadowDescent
Jan 16, 2023
This is what i found on internet

"Modern motherboards also might not work with older GPUs if you’ve disabled legacy boot mode in BIOS, but new motherboards should have both Legacy and UEFI boot available by default (if you’ve set boot to UEFI mode only and can’t get an old GPU to work, resetting your motherboard’s CMOS should resolve it).
Even if hardware are compatible there might be software incompatibilities, Most UEFI/non-UEFI problems"
Will try these :)

Reactions: testeras

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
Btw what OS are you running.
If you are running Windows 11 both ur cpu and motherboard are compalible while gpu
must support DX 12 and WDDM drivers (Windows Display Driver Model) with 2.0

And on Nvidia site your gpu doesnt have drivers for Windows 11 only Windows 10 latest from 2018