Question GPU not displaying any signal after I disabled CSM and enabled Secure boot

Sep 29, 2021
Hello,

I request your help for a problem that I have with my PC. Here are my specs:

-Intel core i3 10100F
-Gigabyte h410m s2 micro-ATX
-8gb ram 2666mhz Vengeance LPX
-GTX 1060 3gb
-Corsair CV550
-Crucial MX500
-WD Blue 1TB

3 days ago, I disabled CSM in the bios to be able to enable secure boot (to be able to play Valorant lol, because riot Vanguard anti-cheat needs TPM 2.0 and secure boot to function). When I enabled secure boot, this message is displayed:

View: https://imgur.com/CtLuD4W

So I enabled Plateform Keys and set the variables randomly (it was probably a mistake).

But when I reboot my pc, no signal is detected by my monitor (my monitor works perfectly btw). The lights on my RGB coolers works fine, however, the fans on my case stops and restarts randomly and the rgb on my keyboard turns on and off every second (it's very weird). I already tried to reset cmos by connecting the two jumpers, but nothing changed.

But when I remove my gpu, the pc boots, the keyboard is not blinking and the fans are spinning normally. But as I've got no iGPU I ain't abled to boot with integrated graphics.

I thought replacing my gpu with an old one (like a geforce 310) as it was mentioned in a previous post
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-display-after-enabling-secure-boot-and-fast-boot.3711720/

Any solutions? Did somebody have the same problem? I don't want to spend a 100€ for a mb due to Valorant lol.

Hello,

I request your help for a problem that I have with my PC. Here are my specs:

-Intel core i3 10100F
-Gigabyte h410m s2 micro-ATX
-8gb ram 2666mhz Vengeance LPX
-GTX 1060 3gb
-Corsair CV550
-Crucial MX500
-WD Blue 1TB

3 days ago, I disabled CSM in the bios to be able to enable secure boot (to be able to play Valorant lol, because riot Vanguard anti-cheat needs TPM 2.0 and secure boot to function). When I enabled secure boot, this message is displayed:

View: https://imgur.com/CtLuD4W

So I enabled Plateform Keys and set the variables randomly (it was probably a mistake).

But when I reboot my pc, no signal is detected by my monitor (my monitor works perfectly btw). The lights on my RGB coolers works fine, however, the fans on my case stops and restarts randomly and the rgb on my keyboard turns on and off every second (it's very weird). I already tried to reset cmos by connecting the two jumpers, but nothing changed.

But when I remove my gpu, the pc boots, the keyboard is not blinking and the fans are spinning normally. But as I've got no iGPU I ain't abled to boot with integrated graphics.

I thought replacing my gpu with an old one (like a geforce 310) as it was mentioned in a previous post
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-display-after-enabling-secure-boot-and-fast-boot.3711720/

Any solutions? Did somebody have the same problem? I don't want to spend a 100€ for a mb due to Valorant lol.
You might need to bring it into a pc technician to test it with cpu that have igpu, ask him to install the latest bios, install secure boot keys and enable it on user - standard mode, and enable intel platform trust technology

I already tried to reset cmos by connecting the two jumpers, but nothing changed.
  1. Disconnect power from PC;
  2. Remove bios battery from motherboard;
  3. Press power button to get rid of residual charge in PSU;
  4. Connect CLR_CMOS jumper pins on motherboard (this is extra step, to make double sure, BIOS is reset).
After done -
  1. Reinsert battery;
  2. Connect power and
  3. Start up your pc.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodroX
Sep 29, 2021
  1. Disconnect power from PC;
  2. Remove bios battery from motherboard;
  3. Press power button to get rid of residual charge in PSU;
  4. Connect CLR_CMOS jumper pins on motherboard (this is extra step to make double sure BIOS is reset).
After done -
  1. Reinsert battery;
  2. Connect power and
  3. Start up your pc.
I've done this but still not works

I've done this but still not works

While doing what SkyNetRising wrote, be sure to unplug the PC power cable from the wall first and keep it that way for the whole procedure. Keep the CMOS battery out for at least 10 mins.

Remember while the PC is off and unplugged from the wall press the power button several times (you can even hold it down for 30 seconds) to remove any residual energy.

This procedure should to return BIOS to default settings.

If you manage to get into the BIOS, set the restore default/optimized settings and then Save and Exit.

Reactions: Koekieezz