Gpu not displaying anything on monitor, but integrated graphics work fine.

ImmTenZ

Reputable
May 9, 2015
I will just start off by saying that i have a gtx 680 and a 750w psu. Last week while playing gta 5, my pc would just completely freeze. I would have to turn the computer off by holding down the powerbutton. It happened a couple of times afterwords. Then while playing, i would get a black screen that would last a couple of seconds, and then a message saying that my nvidia driver had crashed and had recovered again. This started to happen very frequently, like every 5 minutes or less. My pc would then suddenly reboot by itself, and very often. I then concluded that my gpu was the problem, so i took it out of my computer. I plugged my dvi into my motherboard and just used the integrated graphics on my i7 3770k, and weirdly it worked fine. The next day I brought my gpu to my friend and put it in his computer, and it worked completely fine, with no crashes. We took my card and his card ( a gtx 970 ) over to my house to try his card in my pc. We forst tested my card. The fans turned and the card seemed to be working. The monitor went on, but after a minute, the monitor went off. We then tried his card, but the fans wouldnt even turn. Im currently using my computer with my integrated graphics just fine. I am thinking that the problem can be the psu not giving the card enough power to display anything on the monitor. Please help!

Btw, I also got a blue screen of death.

ImmTenZ

Reputable
May 9, 2015

My gpu works fine in his rig. But mine nor his works in my rig. Are you sure a dead pci-e slot is the reason? Or might it be my psu not giving the cards enough power?