[SOLVED] GPU not displaying but fan is spinning, the iGPU works fine ?

Apr 4, 2021
Hi Guys, please help I have basic computer knowledge.
But here goes, I tried installing a GPU today, fan on the GPU is spinning, but there is no display coming out, my monitor says no signal..

Once the computer is on I plugged the computer into the onboard graphics and mainboard port once it was turned on, and the display from the onboard graphics port is working.
I've already altered the settings such that the PC uses the GPU instead of the on-board graphics.
I also turned off the on-board driver and everything else.

The PC is currently turned on and linked to the On-Board Graphics, but the GPU is still plugged in and appears to be turned on owing to the fan running on it.

Things I've tried:
  • Removing all the screws all the way to the motherboard stands and plugging everything back in.
  • Removing the CMOS Battery for a few minutes and putting in back in.
  • Removing the RAM and inserting it on the other slot.
  • Tried all display ports on the GPU as well as on the monitor.
-Updating bios (found this on another forum)
-Tried GPU in another PC and it works just fine.

My PC Build:
CPU - i3 550
GPU - Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GT 240
MOBO - Intel DQ57TM
RAM - Kingston 4x 2gb Sticks
PSU - Corsair 300w

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021
I plugged the computer into the onboard graphics and mainboard port once it was turned on, and the display from the onboard graphics port is working.
I've already altered the settings such that the PC uses the GPU instead of the on-board graphics.
I also turned off the on-board driver and everything else.

The PC is currently turned on and linked to the On-Board Graphics, but the GPU is still plugged in and appears to be turned on owing to the fan running on it.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vigo32

logainofhades

Titan
Raidmax doesn't make quality PSU's. Quality is more important than wattage. For the price I am seeing that PSU at, you could have bought something with far higher quality. Your current hardware you may be fine, unless the PSU decides one day to just go pop. I had a cheap Rosewill PSU that was plenty enough on wattage, but it died, taking out my CPU, and motherboard with it. Just wanted to give you some information, so you are better informed, for a future purchase.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $59.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-03-18 09:32 EDT-0400

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador