[SOLVED] GPU not giving best FPS ?

Mar 5, 2021
So recently i recent managed to get my hands on a ROG Strix 2060super but i have noticed that im not getting the fps i know the card is capable of for example im geting about 60-70 fps on games like warzone and black ops cold war. Also when i turn down setting the fps doesnt seem to get better or worse.

I have asked a friend that knows a bit more about pc's than i do and he said my ram could be bottlenecking.

PC specs

CPU 17 2700K
DDR3 16GB
Gigabyte Technology z77-D3H
SSD250GB
HHD2TB
ICEBERG LIQUID COOLING
PSU 650 WATTS

Thanks for any help:)

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
if you choose the amd route you could go for a 3600, 16gb 3200 mhz and a b450 motherboard. That should put you around the 400 mark.

If you want to go the intel route you could get a 10400f, a b460 and 16 3200 mhz ram. That should put you at around 400 too.

If you use your pc to do some work that might require better multicore performance, go with amd. If you game exclusively, go with intel.

Any of those two systems above compared to yours currently would feel like a spaceship anyways lol. So i guess go with the cheapest option in your region.

Reactions: Ethanb2000
Mar 5, 2021
if you choose the amd route you could go for a 3600, 16gb 3200 mhz and a b450 motherboard. That should put you around the 400 mark.

If you want to go the intel route you could get a 10400f, a b460 and 16 3200 mhz ram. That should put you at around 400 too.

If you use your pc to do some work that might require better multicore performance, go with amd. If you game exclusively, go with intel.

Any of those two systems above compared to yours currently would feel like a spaceship anyways lol. So i guess go with the cheapest option in your region.
Thanks for the advice man i appreciate it i dont know to much about pc's so though id ask some knowledgeable people. I will look into them and go with one or the other.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
AM4 would need a different bracket. Intel has used the same mounting positions for all the mainstream cpus from lga1156-LGA1200 so will bolt right in.

Anything other than an i7-3770K will require a motherboard, ram and cpu. Everything else will transition over, but don't be scared of going too new, a decent b560, 8-16Gb of ram and 10400/11400 will do just fine paired with the rest of your components and will most likely cost less overall than something older and seemingly more powerful.

jasonf2

Distinguished
You will more than likely need a new power supply as well. While it will plug in there were a number of things that have changed with the low power states that tend to not make 10 year old psu(s) work with new processors. You might get away with it, you might not. Just a heads up.

Well the cheapest and smartest thing is to learn how to overclock,
Right now for that cpu those are respectable frame rates.
First learn to overclock your cpu, stop increasing the overclock when you stop getting more frames.
You are going to be ram speed limited
Also learn to overclock your ram as well, once you get a good overclock going.
What is your current ram speed? 1333 1600 1866
Whichever it is, it's usually as simple as changing the values to the next step up. 1866 up to 2133 gets a bit dicey with lesser quality ram.

Do this first, you might find the performance suites your needs, the 2700k OC like an MF

Last edited: