[SOLVED] GPU not outputting display signal ?

figolas2

Prominent
Apr 9, 2022
I own a system that I've had for roughly a year now, bought prebuilt, used. Has had 1 or 2 hiccups but otherwise worked perfectly.

Recently have been doing more intensive tasks such as recording VALORANT at 1080p 60fps, which has run fine for about a month. A few days ago I tabbed out of an application and both of my monitors froze and forced me to restart the computer. When I restarted it the monitors stopped displaying, leaving a blank screen and they don't recognise the GPU. I shut it off and came back to it a few hours later to which it turned on and I was able to use it for roughly twenty minutes when both monitors went gray and now are back to not displaying anything.

I am not experienced with the hardware side of computers and want to try and fix it myself instead of paying hundreds of dollars getting it fixed professionally. I have checked all the connectors and they are all snugly fit in. Everything is on and working, even the RBG on the GPU are on.

PC Specs are as follow:
Vapor-X R9 280x GPU
i5 4690k running at 3.6, boosted to 3.85 by previous owner
16GB, 2x8 of DDR3 Ram, I think running at 1600mhz
Asus Maximus VII Gene motherboard
Corsair CS750M PSU
128gb Samsung SSD as the boot drive, 240gb Samsung SSD as the secondary

Both Monitors run at 1920x1080 res at 60hz

On the motherboard there is a 62 LED code which I looked up and it said its the RAM/GPU at fault, but unable to find anything helpful

Help please!

Solution
Are you sure the Q code is 62 and not b2? I've seen that happen before as "b" and "6" are similar on seven segment LEDs, not hard to mistake b for 6.

If so that's the error for "Legacy Option ROM Initialization" which sometimes means the system has problem with the graphics card. Try reseating the card. Is the card warped? Bent in a curve? That might prevent some card pins from contacting pins in the PCIE slot.

One more thing when you take graphics card out you can try connecting one of the monitors to motherboard graphics output and see if you get a picture on POST and boot with iGPU. If it does probably the card is a faulty.

IF you get picture with iGPU you can disable MRC fast boot in BIOS and...

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Are you sure the Q code is 62 and not b2? I've seen that happen before as "b" and "6" are similar on seven segment LEDs, not hard to mistake b for 6.

If so that's the error for "Legacy Option ROM Initialization" which sometimes means the system has problem with the graphics card. Try reseating the card. Is the card warped? Bent in a curve? That might prevent some card pins from contacting pins in the PCIE slot.

One more thing when you take graphics card out you can try connecting one of the monitors to motherboard graphics output and see if you get a picture on POST and boot with iGPU. If it does probably the card is a faulty.

IF you get picture with iGPU you can disable MRC fast boot in BIOS and check again with the graphics card to see if you get a picture.

What USB devices are connected to USB ports? Are they connected to ports that are driven by the Intel chipset? If any is connected to ports that are controlled by AsMedia chips unplug them and connect them to ports controlled by Z97 chipset, look them up in page 2-14 of the manual here. Verify if this is actually the manual for your motherboard.

Solution