GPU not performing as expected

Nov 20, 2017
Hello,
I just bought a use graphics card (Gtx 970 zotac AMP) online and after a couple hours of testing it im not sure if there are issues with it or not. Everything at first seemed to be fine with it until i started comparing benchmarks results with people online.

I don't think the gpu is being bottle necked by other components in my computer but im not doubting that either. What do you think the issue is? Thanks guys.

My specs:
i7-4790
12gbddr3 ram
gtx 970 AMP extreme
750w corsair psu
2tb HDD
some unbranded motherboard

WildCard999

Titan
The system is well paired with that 970, now when you say your comparing it with others is it detailed reviews or some person on Youtube? Maybe try GPU UserBenchmarks and see where you stand performance wise. Also make sure you downloaded/installed the newest GPU drivers.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/

Nov 20, 2017

Thanks for your reply.
I have installed/reinstalled drivers twice now, and I ran the userbenchmark a couple hours ago heres a link to my results
:http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8513384

What i dont understand is im getting good performance in games like fortnite, but i ran Prey and was getting garbage performance (30 fps on high settings).

Apr 28, 2018

I have heard of this happening before. As a last resort, you could remove the cooler and backplate (if applicable) and compare the chip with a picture of a GTX 970 without the cooler. If they are the same, I have no idea what the problem is, but if they are different, your "970" could be an older card from 500-series flashed with the 970 BIOS. It's a pretty common scam. I was worried about it with my card, but it pulls off the expected FPS just fine.

Nov 20, 2017

Yeai heard of this happeneing before as well. However i dont think this is the case for me. I ran numerous benchmarking softwares and all my scores were actually pretty good. I just dont understand that when i run games such as prey or fallout the performance is much lower compared to others online.