Question GPU Not performing as well as it should?

The PurplePanda

Prominent
Feb 25, 2019
I’ve come across a problem, one that has been bugging me ever since I got a new monitor.

Specs:
Intel core i7 7700 (non overclockable)
16GB RAM
GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 1080 OC
700 watt PSU
2560x1440p @144hz monitor

So the problem is that I feel like that my computer or gpu is underperforming. Now, I may be wrong since I’m not the most tech savvy as some people, but I do feel like there is a problem with my gpu.
Playing games like gta 5 seem to get quite low FPS 50’s-70’s. Now again, I could be wrong.
Over clicking is another problem since when I do overclock with whatever speeds and whatnot, it doesn’t make an impact what so ever.
I recently replaced the cpu cooler and the cpu is staying at temps around 60-65 degrees Celsius under load and the gpu isn’t far off that either, maybe max would be 67 degrees Celsius.
But I feel like overclocking should improve FPS, right? Correct me if I’m wrong here.
Replacing my cpu did stop the thermal throttling, but I don’t know if there is anything else that could be affecting my FPS in terms of overclocking and FPS in games like gta 5.

Temperatures seem to be ok, but I don’t know what else is wrong, or if there is anything wrong at all. Although i feel like there is something wrong, I could be wrong.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me what’s happening and how to fix it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS