kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
I randomly was playing on my PC

Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 - Medium 90 FPS

Then suddenly

Low 40 FPS

and this happened in other game too!

Minecraft before Fancy everything max 300-350 FPS and now on fast everything to low its like low 40s and high 30s

Just cause 3 Same FPS but lag and stutter

I need help because this is happening in each game I play

I have owned a GTX 980 but upgraded to 1080 and now my 980 is better than 1080?

I need help

This has never happened before

My Specs

Intel Core i7 7700
Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB
16GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
240GB SSD
2TB SATA III HDD
600W 80 Plus Rated PSU

Thx,
Kuba

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

Hello

I do not really know how will that fix the problem, just checking the temp?

I know a LOT about GPU but I have owned a lot of Nvidia GPU's. GTX 570 > GTX 750ti > GTX 950 > GTX 960 > GTX 980 > GTX 980ti (that i never used) > GTX 1080 > and in a few years > GTX 1080ti

I have also owned a few AMD card's but this has never happened on AMD's Side R9 390 > R9 390x > RX 460 > RX 480 > RX 560 > RX 580

I have owned all of these cards and I never ran into an issue like this one now it's acting like a GTX Crap Edition

Please help I have already reinstalled the drivers already and nothing helped

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

I will reply later because I'm not at home

Run MSI afterburner,
launch your game,
play until you experience game performance issues,
make screenshot with MSI afterburner hardware monitoring window
(graphs should be visible: FPS, gpu usage/temp, cpu usage/temp, memory usage, ram usage, pagefile usage),
post the screenshot here.

MSI afterburner hardware monitoring window looks like this:
Monitoring.png

Here is the scenario which is most likely:

You upgraded your GPU. Your new GPU is way more powerful, thus it also needs more power from your CPU, and also pumps up more heat within the case. Your CPU not only works harder by merely having a stronger GPU, but it also needs to cope with additional heat. This can cause overheating of the CPU, and CPU has a mechanism called throttling which will automatically reduce clock speed so it does not become too hot and prevent damage. Whenever such scenario occurs, you will see a massive drop in fps.

So yes, if your temps while gaming go over 85C, you are in a throttling zone. It is not strange to see temps even in excess of 90C for that matter.

Best would be to check and then we can diagnose further.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

Hello,

I will do this but ill post a picture of the photo in about 1-2 houres

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

Hello,

You said to wait until you have performance issues well when I start playing straight after I launch the game and start playing it starts

I do not believe a game that requires 2GB VRAM cannot be played on 8GB VRAM I mean I play on lowest settings and with like 30FPS on a GTX 1080 and my GTX 570 turned out to be played on low (not lowest) on 40FPS

I will do this but ill post a picture of the photo in about 1-2 houres

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

Hello I have a newer version of afterburner 4.4.2 i i do not know how to pull it up ill show you how il looks

https://imgur.com/qw8hpVj

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

yes but thats, not an answer to my question it's an 80+ bronze unit so it should be fine

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

Well, I will tell you that this is not the issue. the card works fine in other cyber power pc I have with another GTX 1080 and still works fine with same PSU. SO yeah

P.S. next time just anwser my question

So because the PSU in the other computer works, the other one can't be faulty?

Your car check engine light comes on, but your neighbor has the same car and his engine works fine so it can't be your engine? Same logic.

If you have 2 computers then the logical step would be to test both cards in both computers. If they both work fine in 1 but not the other then it isn't the card.

You obviously have no idea what you are doing, reason why you asked for help. Since you don't want my help, good luck with your trash PSU.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Everyone be cool and maintain your civility please.

kubacs, please don't bash members trying to help you. You were asked about your PSU because poor quality PSUs often cause such issues.

For bmockeg, you have offered help and it was ignored. Just move along and help others who are more receptive.

Thank you.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

Understood but the same supply in my other pc works so ?

neatfeatguy

Respectable
May 24, 2016

You have two tires of the same brand.

One is inflated properly and it rolls very nice, no issues.
The second tire is almost entirely flat and has issues rolling. It wobbles and is more difficult to roll. Does it roll? Yes. Does it function properly? No.

You my have two PSUs that are of the same make/model, but they are not the exact same. You need to test both GPUs in both systems. If both GPUs give the same issue in the one computer that has problems, then the issue isn't the GPU.