GPU not performing as well

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
I randomly was playing on my PC

Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 - Medium 90 FPS

Then suddenly

Low 40 FPS

and this happened in other game too!

Minecraft before Fancy everything max 300-350 FPS and now on fast everything to low its like low 40s and high 30s

Just cause 3 Same FPS but lag and stutter

I need help because this is happening in each game I play

I have owned a GTX 980 but upgraded to 1080 and now my 980 is better than 1080?

I need help

This has never happened before

My Specs

Intel Core i7 7700
Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB
16GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
240GB SSD
2TB SATA III HDD
600W 80 Plus Rated PSU

Thx,
Kuba

PSU won't cause stutter, I have not seen this happen in my entire life. Blue screens, resets, blackouts, or even smoke - yes, but this particular issue has most likely nothing to do with the PSU, but CPU overheating, and we still do not know what are CPU temps while gaming. OP, please post them.

If it is not supplying enough power, it will restart, blue screen, or fail completely, period. It will either work as intended, or not at all. That would really have to be a very special scenario, for the PSU to work partially and card to accept this kind of behaviour without failing.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

ok, so I found out that my PSU is not cyber power but its corsair cx600 and now my problem was fixed because i found out that my pc had too many applications which have a start-up impact

Cheers for help,
Kuba