CPU: i7-8700k
Motherboard: Z370-A Pro
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000
SSD/HDD: Samsung EVO 850 500GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080ti FE
PSU:EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W
Chassis: NZXT H440 Mid Tower
Monitor: Dell S2716DG revision # A09

Hey folks, I'm having some trouble with my GPU (2080ti FE). Apologies if this scenario is addressed elsewhere. I have not been able to find an identical thread.

Issue: GPU is not being recognized by the motherboard but it is 'sort of' recognized by Windows (I think?). The GPU is definitely receiving power (fans whir & lights on).

Context:
1) Monitor directly connected to GPU via displayport. Displays an image, but has many small horizontal lines running through the display at any resolution greater than 1024x768.
2) Fresh install of Windows 10 Enterprise
3) GPU from previous case works perfectly fine in this new system with no other replacements (Nvidia GTX Geforce 770)
4) All parts are brand new excluding the SSD/HDD
5) On first installation, Windows recognized the GPU by showing it in the device manager, but with a code 43: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems"
6) When attempting to update nvidia drivers, download and installation occur without a hitch, however, it doesn't seem to stick. After installing, Nvidia Geforce Experience believes that it still needs the exact same driver, turning into a loop of download/installs without errors being thrown.

Troubleshooting performed:
-Installed motherboard drivers
-Updated Windows
-Reseated GPU
-Installed GPU in other pcie slot
-Installed old Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 GPU - it worked perfectly fine. It was able to use the driver I installed while the 2080ti was in.

One step I have not performed is updating the bios. If this is something I should do, let me know, but my assumption is that the gpu is DOA.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Kidkojak
Oct 28, 2018

Nope, I did a fresh install of Windows, which wiped my SSD, then updated.

Oct 28, 2018

Nope, that is the only thing I haven't done (of all the things I can think of). The BIOS version is relatively new - it came with the March 2018 update. The 2080ti is seated on a new motherboard, not a previous one. Old 770 card works on this motherboard. I suppose no harm in trying. I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS