[SOLVED] GPU not recognized by motherboard, led turns on but fans dont spin

Nov 5, 2018
I am testing parts for my new build, right now the only things connected are the motherboard, the psu, one stick of ram, the cpu and its cooler, and the graphics card. This is on a b450 a pro motherboard, and the cpu is a r7 1700, the gpu is a vega 56. The motherboard is lighting up the ez debug light for vga meaning the graphics is not being recognizing or failing. When i start up the computer everything lights up but the only thing that doesnt work are the fans for the gpu and there is no display on the monitor. I used biosflashback to update the board and the problem is still happening. I dont know what else to do, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Parts;
Motherboard: msi b450 a pro
CPU: r7 1700 and stock cooler
ram: 1 stick ballistix 8gb 3000 mt/s
gpu: powercolor vega 56
psu: seasonic 620w m12 bronze fully modular

Ralston18

Titan
Try the motherboard's built in video adapter.

Try another GPU in your motherboard.

Try your Vega 56 in another computer.

Determine if the problem follows the GPU or stays with the motherboard.

What make and model PSU is installed? Wattage, age, condition....?

Likewise for RAM and other components....

Nov 5, 2018
I dont have another computer to test the vega 56 on, or another gpu, this is a brand new build as im at college right now so i cant test the parts with another computer's components.
The 1700 does not have integrated graphics so i dont think i can use the motherboard's video adapter.
I just updated the post to put a parts list.

Nov 5, 2018
Yea thats the motherboard but I ended up needing to connect two power cords to the card, i only had 1. Thanks for your time, i honestly just messed up here.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Ralston the motherboard has connectors but no graphics hardware, in order to use the onboard you have to have an APU like the 2200G or 2400G or an older Athlon APU. With any other Ryzen CPU there is no onboard graphics and those connectors do nothing, they would not have helped with this problem.

Glad you got it sorted.