Question GPU not showing in Display Adapters im Device Manager

Jul 20, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have an MSI laptop with a GTX 1050 Ti and even though the graphics card shows up under Graphics Cards in the Device Manager, it doesn’t show up under Display Adapters. Also, when I look up the ‘Generic PnP Monitor’, it uses the internal graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 630). This means that my GPU is used for games, but I can only see 60Hz instead of 144Hz which the monitor shows. Also, I have reinstalled the GPU drivers but still I can’t my GPU as the display adapter.
I would be very appreciative of suggestions.
Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
Please include the SKU as well as the model for your MSI laptop. Latest BIOS update for your laptop? Which version of Windows 10 are you working with?

Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall the drivers with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site.

Jul 20, 2020
Please include the SKU as well as the model for your MSI laptop. Latest BIOS update for your laptop? Which version of Windows 10 are you working with?

Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall the drivers with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site.

Thank you for your answer!
I have a GL72M 7REX. My windows version is Version 1909 (Build 18363.959). I already used DDU to uninstall my GPU drivers, and I reinstalled them afterwards but the problem persisted.