GPU not showing up in Motherboard BIOS

Feb 22, 2018
My gpu has power and spins up but I can’t get anything from it, windows doesn’t see it and bother doesn’t my motherboard. I tried using a different GPU to see if that was the problem but had the same results. It’s not showing up in device manager either. Attempting to manually install drivers doesn’t work either, I just get to where the nvidia installer can’t continue because there’s no compatible hardware.

My specs:
i7 8700k
Maximus X Code
GTX 1070
750w PSU
16gb ram (2x8 3600mhz)

Solution
Then motherboard, or CPU, I'd say, assuming that the power supply is not defective. Try testing with the motherboard outside the case. If still no go, check the CPU socket. See if any bent pins.

jr9

Estimable
After it is installed and the monitor is connected to the video port on the graphics card, can you see you BIOS settings when you start up? If not, try moving the card to a different PCIe slot. If you cant see your BIOS settings then your issue takes place before Windows and drivers come into the picture.

jr9

Estimable
So the issue is the motherboard isn't detecting the GPU or is failing to initialize it. I would go into BIOS settings and try disabling the iGPU or setting the default to PCIe. If you end up with no video on either GPU or iGPU you can also reset CMOS again. Also make sure the GPU is flush in the slot all the way. If needed, give it a little force when it's installed. Could be an issue with the slots.

jr9

Estimable
If you can't get the other card to work in the other slot, clearing the CMOS one last time, and updating the BIOS doesn't help I'd honestly RMA the motherboard. It's supposed to be able to switch to the GPU automatically and work out of the box. It appears has an issue with the slots or the board itself. It definitely a hardware issue assuming everything is installed correctly and the on board graphics work.