Question Gpu not turning on going into bios

Sep 23, 2021
So I’ve seen similar issues but nothing exactly the same. Soo I am trying to get into bios to change my ram speeds. However my pc boots to fast to get in before posting so I’m trying the hold shift on restart approach… I think it’s work however on the restart computer come one and the gpu fans start to spin then stop and I am left with a black screen while everything else looks to be running. I saw somewhere about trying to plug the hdmi into the port on the motherboard and that didn’t work. Any other ideas to get into bios? Motherboard is gigabyte b450m d3sh WiFi and gpu is xfx 580. Thanks in advance.

Sep 23, 2021
Ryzen 5 3600, gigabyte b450m d3sh WiFi, xfx 580, 32 gb Corsair vengeance 3200( I think, maybe 3000). It is a prebuilt from cyber power but I changed/ added ram an more case fans

my pc boots to fast to get in before posting
if you are just having issue catching the F2 / Delete button in time you can use software to extend the Post Screen.
not sure how you can do it from cmd prompt but there are Windows customization utilities like Yamicsoft's Windows 10 Manager & WinAeroTweaker that offer these types of options.
normally just spamming Delete to directly enter or F8 to get into the Boot Menu works fine but it still can sometimes slip by without registering key presses.
computer come one and the gpu fans start to spin then stop and I am left with a black screen
if the system is powering on to the Post Screen but losing video signal upon entering the BIOS i would be worried about a corrupted BIOS.
if you have a BIOS Flashback option on the motherboard try using that.

or if you have Gigabyte software installed that will allow you to flash the BIOS from within the OS, try updating or reflashing to the latest version using that utility.