Oct 2, 2019
Hello. I am using NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti with i3 3240 on ASUS p8h61-m lx3 r2.0 motherboard which supports PCIe 3.0
but my 1050Ti is only using 2.0 at max even when am playing games. Does anybody know how to solve this I have already
checked in bios but there is no option for changing PCIe gen version.

Hello. I am using NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti with i3 3240 on ASUS p8h61-m lx3 r2.0 motherboard which supports PCIe 3.0
but my 1050Ti is only using 2.0 at max even when am playing games. Does anybody know how to solve this I have already
checked in bios but there is no option for changing PCIe gen version.

It doesn't matter in the end, the 1050Ti is a low end card, it won't use the full bandwidth of 3.0 on x16 slot. If the card is on the x16 slot even 2.0 will provide enough data transfer for it.

You can also check the bios to adjust the gen levels for each pcie slot/lane. Usually it's set to auto so it probably set itself to 2.0 to reduce power use.

Feels bad to be at the low end eh?

Oct 2, 2019
It doesn't matter in the end, the 1050Ti is a low end card, it won't use the full bandwidth of 3.0 on x16 slot. If the card is on the x16 slot even 2.0 will provide enough data transfer for it.

You can also check the bios to adjust the gen levels for each pcie slot/lane. Usually it's set to auto so it probably set itself to 2.0 to reduce power use.

Feels bad to be at the low end eh?
It doesn't matter if it is low end or high end gpu card PCIe 3.0 provides more fps and better connection... I have already checked the bios there is no option for changing PCIe gen version...

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
It doesn't matter if it is low end or high end gpu card PCIe 3.0 provides more fps and better connection... I have already checked the bios there is no option for changing PCIe gen version...
No, not really. Most of the time there will be little to no performance difference between PCIe 2.0 and 3.0. The difference you do see is typically loosely correlated with FPS, so weaker GPU means less FPS means less performance impact.

Were you running any kind of GPU load when you were looking at PCIe link speed? There are power saving features that can step down the PCIe speed/connection width under low load. This is explained by the little question mark tooltip next to the PCIe link field in GPU-Z.

Last edited:

It doesn't.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2CZULS1xpA

Enjoy.

No, not really. Most of the time there will be little to no performance difference between PCIe 2.0 and 3.0. The difference you do see is typically loosely correlated with FPS, so weaker GPU means less FPS means less performance impact.

Were you running any kind of GPU load when you were looking at PCIe link speed? There are power saving features that can step down the PCIe speed/connection width under low load. This is explained by the little question mark tooltip next to the PCIe link speed field in GPU-Z.

^ What he said. Also check nvidia control panel settings and set your power settings to performance as well.

Reactions: dotas1
Oct 2, 2019

Were you running any kind of GPU load when you were looking at PCIe link speed? There are power saving features that can step down the PCIe speed/connection width under low load. This is explained by the little question mark tooltip next to the PCIe link field in GPU-Z.
As I have write in question GPU under load didn't go over 2.0 and yes am using performance option in nvidia control panel.

TRENDING THREADS