GPU not working after cleaning!

aniskhan001

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
Hello everyone!

I'm suffering from a strange problem and I need some help from you guys.
I just opened the chassis and disassemble the graphics card (XFX GTX 460) from my PC. I cleaned it with a blower and then assembled again. And now it's not working anymore. I'm getting no display when the monitor cable is plugged into the card. But the strange thing is the built-in IGP is showing display when I plugged the monitor cable into it, even the card is still present! :ouch:
Please help me to solve this. :( Thanks in advance. :)

My current system is--
* GIGABYTE H55M-USB3
* Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz
* 1x4GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
* Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM
* and the graphics.. XFX GeFORCE GTX 460 1GB GDDR5

Solution
At most cases, the IGP is only activated if an external video card is not connected. It seems your mobo isn't recognizing your gpu anymore but it's worth a check in BIOS settings.

You can try to insert the gpu in another slot or another machine. In the last case, it can indicate a faulty card.

mmiquegami

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2013
At most cases, the IGP is only activated if an external video card is not connected. It seems your mobo isn't recognizing your gpu anymore but it's worth a check in BIOS settings.

You can try to insert the gpu in another slot or another machine. In the last case, it can indicate a faulty card.

Solution

aniskhan001

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010

I tried connecting this with one of my brothers PC. Same happened!

aniskhan001

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010

Can it be repaired if I go to the any repair center? Thanks!

Cookiemonster199

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

I still cant belive it how that works its strange as ive done it to about 3 video cards already lol