Question GPU Not Working After Windows Update

Sep 24, 2020
After downloading a windows update about 2 weeks ago, when I turned my PC on the next day I had no signal to the monitor. When I changed the HDMI to the integrated one it works fine.
I have a GTX 780 GPU and a Z87X-UD5H motherboard.
It doesn't show up anywhere on my PC or BIOS, the only place it showed up was in device manager when I selected show hidden devices. It no longer shows up there however as I uninstalled it.
I tried reverting the windows update but it didn't seem to work.
I tried downloading the new windows version and doing every update possible but it didn't help.
I tried using DDU and manually downloading the drivers from nvidia but that didn't work, it comes up with an error message saying 2 things: it is not compatible with this version of windows and there is no compatible hardware found.
I don't know if my GPU stopped working or if it is some sort of software/driver issue or maybe some BIOS issue.

Windows update sometimes pushes out less than optimal graphics drivers.
Boot using integrated graphics.
Download the nvidia driver directly from nvidia.
Do a custom install, omitting 3d, sound, and perhaps nvidia experience.
In the bios, make the 780 the primary graphics adapter and then connect your monitor to the 780.

Sep 24, 2020
Yes the pins are inserted. Unfortunately I don’t have another machine to test it on. Seems strange though that I’ve never had any trouble with it and it stops working right after a windows update.

TRENDING THREADS