mranimo

Reputable
May 4, 2019
I have the MSI 100ME GTX960 2gb card but it's not working for a while.
It just gives black screen with no signal error. It can't boot to windows.
The fans and leds are working, but the GPU isn't heating up at all. I tested it with a secondary card (a GT1030) and the bios says there's no card in the pci-e port where the 960 is.
Windows can't see it either. Unfortunately the warranty has expired long ago. Is there a way I can fix it? I can't see any damage on the board.

Solution
you need to list your complete system specs

if you have a "black" screen, how do you know Windows isn't booting?
Windows could be loading fine. but since your display isn't getting the output, you wouldn't see anything on-screen.

try your 960 in a different system and see if it functions there.
I tested it with a secondary card (a GT1030) and the bios says there's no card in the pci-e port...
so the 1030 wasn't recognized either?
this would mean that more than likely it is other components causing the issue(s).
you would need to troubleshoot your RAM, CPU, PSU, and motherboard if so.

Windows could be loading fine. but since your display isn't getting the output, you wouldn't see anything on-screen.

I tested it with a secondary card (a GT1030) and the bios says there's no card in the pci-e port...
this would mean that more than likely it is other components causing the issue(s).

Solution

mranimo

Reputable
May 4, 2019

My apologies, I was misunderstandable.
The Windows boots up just fine but the screen is all black with no signal from startup. I can't go to bios settings with the card either.
But if I put anything else in the other pci-e port at the same time (I tried the GT1030, GT710, R7 260x, GTX1060) and use the secondary card for display, in the device manager there is no trace of the 960. Even bios can't see it, only the other card. If I use two working cards the bios and Windows can see both of them.
The card is not working in other systems.

Full specs:
MB: MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
RAM: 2x8gb Trident Royal 3200mhz
Case: Cooler Master H500m
PSU: Seasonic M12ii evo 620W

TRENDING THREADS