GPU not working correctly after unstable overclock

Oct 19, 2018
I wanted to get a little bit better fps in games, so I decided to overclock my gpu yesterday. I quickly realized that the overclock was too steep (I meant to put in 150 mhz, but it came out as 250 and I didn't notice until afterwards). Quickly, after getting some random colors on my screen, I managed to set the overclock back to default, and I thought it was all good. I decided not to mess with it anymore, and I went on playing games as usual. Today, however, I decided to try running a different game, and it gave me a white screen, then started loading. I thought it was unusual, but I didn't think it was bad. I moved my mouse around on the loading screen, and it was lagging everywhere. About 5 seconds after that, the game crashed. This happens every time I load this game, and it happens to some other games as well. Also, whenever I load a video on youtube, it starts off with a green screen until I play the video. I have no idea what is going on because I reset the clock speed back to default. Now I am just praying that I did not harm my gpu.

Kanja007

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2013
Download DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) Completely uninstall all the gpu drivers and also the overclocking software. Re install the drivers and then try.

P.S can you tell me which GPU you are using.