[SOLVED] GPU not working correctly ?

Apr 1, 2023
I have a used GTX 650, but when i connected it to my pc it didn't worked whenever i played games it just froze and i cant do anything except power it off directly but i found a solution by underclocking it using MSI afterburner and then it worked for a long time but now when i start my pc and go to search or open any other applicaton the screen flashes black and everything starts to break and lag and taskbar becomes transparent and sometimes it stayed black forever and i had to restart and it happened everytime i start my pc making it unusable but my cpu's integrated Intel HD 2000 works perfectly fine so i started using it and left my gpu unconnected for some months but now i retried to make it work because i reinstalled windows i connected it and everything was great. i let windows download drivers automatically and it installed version 454.X and it didnt flash anymore everything was fine then i updated the drivers and it flashed for once then it never happened so i launcher the game rocket league other day and it automatically minimized and pink and blue little little squares come in a little bit of desktop was visible then the screen turned light blue so i powered it off and now it flashed black and did it for sometime and then the screen turned green and i cant do anything like it turned sky blue. Also the first day when it was working i could play fall guys without problem.

MY SPECS :-
CPU - i5-2400
GPU - Intel HD 2000(integrated) and GTX 650 1 gb ddr5
MOTHERBOARD - ZEBRONICS H61 LGA 1155 v 1.6
RAM - 4 * 2 ddr3
Power Supply - ZEBRONICS ZEB-N450W(DSATA) 450W

also, does my power supply support GTX 650 ?

Solution
While true that the PSU needs replacing badly, it does sound like the GPU is dead. It was used to begin with, it's old and it's very low-end even by the standards back when it was new. I see two possibilities here, either you get a new GPU or a more modern platform with an APU. If you can take some money in hand, you can build a pretty decent gaming system with an APU for around 500 bucks. That would most likely be the better and longer-term solution, honestly, with an upgrade path to boot. Let us know what you think.
Apr 1, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Might want to try and use another, reliably built 450W unit and see if the issue persists.

Thank you for your time sir, but my PSU is not that old and i think my GPU is dead because it was more than 6 years old.
Once again, Thank you for your time and awesomeness i really appreciate that.

KyaraM

Admirable
While true that the PSU needs replacing badly, it does sound like the GPU is dead. It was used to begin with, it's old and it's very low-end even by the standards back when it was new. I see two possibilities here, either you get a new GPU or a more modern platform with an APU. If you can take some money in hand, you can build a pretty decent gaming system with an APU for around 500 bucks. That would most likely be the better and longer-term solution, honestly, with an upgrade path to boot. Let us know what you think.

Solution
Apr 1, 2023
This is your PSU, isn't it? If so, I wouldn't have it powering anything inside a PC, it belongs in a dumpster. No offence meant but you're relying your investments on a badly built PSU.
Yeah its pretty bad.
I really dont need a Gpu now because i just do programming and youtube because i am bored of video games i just wanted that to work because if someday i wanted to i can atleast play some old games.but in the future when i will need a GPU i will upgrade the whole system.
Thank you for your advice Lutfij and KyaraM.

Reactions: KyaraM