GPU not working in motherboard

jonathan070809

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
Please help I just built a new PC but it's not working. I have a msi z370 motherboard which I believe to be the issue. Whenever I have a GPU in one of the PCIe 16x slots I get an error on screen saying a USB device is overcharged and my motherboard displays the error code A2. If I remove the GPU the motherboard works fine however. I've tested another GPU which I know works for sure so I believe something is wrong with the motherboard or how I wired everything.

Solution
So all cables you have connected are from PSU to motherboard and GPU. And it still calls an error. Then it has to be motherboard fault.
So that's not a short caused by case. Try without ANY USB devices at all, without fans (except for CPU fan) and drives (I suppose the problem shows up on start up screen? so drives are useless anyway at that stage). Take all unnecessary cables out as well. If you still get the problem, then most likely case is motherboard fault.

jonathan070809

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018

Yeah when I'm starting it up I don't have any USB devices or my optical, dvd, or sata drive plugged in...