Question GPU not working

Saltypigeon

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
So i recently had to change my cmos battery and then decided to swap my power supply aswell. After plugging everything back in and my pc was booting and working my gpu: Amd radeon rx 460 2gb which was working fine before now doesnt seem to be working at all the fans dont spin and there is no signal. Any idea on the issue with it? I sure hope i dont have to purchase a new gpu as it has been less than a year since i got this one. Also i swapped the gpu with another old one of mine and that seemed to be working as i had to install the drivers and everything but for some reason the one i was using comfortably before seems to have stopped working. Oh, and one last thing i went back to my usual psu and still no change.

dragola901

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
Sounds like the GPU is dead, I recently fried a motherboard due to static (only way it could of died) and now I can't use my FX-8350. You verified that the pci-e is fine and it gets power since your other GPU works. What did you do when you took it out/put it back in?

Saltypigeon

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
Sounds like the GPU is dead, I recently fried a motherboard due to static (only way it could of died) and now I can't use my FX-8350. You verified that the pci-e is fine and it gets power since your other GPU works. What did you do when you took it out/put it back in?
I didnt do anything with it just left it on he side and tnext
SO when i took it out i literally left it on the side i have no idea as to how its dead as it was working fine a few days ago. But one issue i had previously was that the gpu fans would spin for a few secs at boot but then not turn on until i either played a or temps got high

dragola901

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
SO when i took it out i literally left it on the side i have no idea as to how its dead as it was working fine a few days ago. But one issue i had previously was that the gpu fans would spin for a few secs at boot but then not turn on until i either played a or temps got high
Is the card designed that way? For example my one rig has a GTX 1050 ti where the fans only spin when the temperature is hot enough. And could you please tell us what the card is, thanks?

Saltypigeon

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
Is the card designed that way? For example my one rig has a GTX 1050 ti where the fans only spin when the temperature is hot enough. And could you please tell us what the card is, thanks?
The card is an amd radeon rx 460 but the issue im having is that my pc doesnt seem to recognise it/ no power is going to it

dragola901

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
I know what the main problem is I was simply curious what the card was. Like I said before since your other GPU works it means something is damaged on the RX one. Maybe one of the pci-e pins is bad or one of the power cables is bad, have you tried a different PSU?

Saltypigeon

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
I know what the main problem is I was simply curious what the card was. Like I said before since your other GPU works it means something is damaged on the RX one. Maybe one of the pci-e pins is bad or one of the power cables is bad, have you tried a different PSU?
I think i may have bent one of my pci pins on it. Is there anyway to fix this?

dragola901

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
I have no idea, never damaged a pci-e pin before. Best to take it to a computer shop and ask unless someone here has experience? Is there any way you can send us a picture so we can see it?