[SOLVED] GPU Nvidia Geforce Evga GTX 980ti FTW

Sblair5

Prominent
Aug 20, 2019
Hello,
I hope someone can help. My son built his own PC. He recently bought GPU Nvidia Geforce Evga GTX 980ti FTW used. Installed it and all was great. He then bought a new CPU, AMD ryzen 5 5600 6 core processor.
Now the front fan runs continuously at 100% even when idle. The back fan does not budge. He believes it is faulty fans. I think drivers. Any suggestions?
Running windows 10 Enterprise.
i have a print out of his bios settings.

Solution
Unfortunately we cannot return it. It worked fine until he bought a new cpu. Then he had problems.
It may not be related, but I have also been getting some blue screens after I upgraded my CPU to a 5600X. I'm using a B450 motherboard though, so it's very possible my issues are unrelated. I thought my blue screen issue were related to a bad memory overclock, but I ran a memory tester overnight three times using different settings and everything was fine with 0 errors found, so it must be something else causing the issues. So far I haven't had any blue screen since I reset my bios to defaults after the last blue screen.

The only thing I can suggest at this moment is to reset the motherboard bios to defaults if any CPU...
Hello,
I hope someone can help. My son built his own PC. He recently bought GPU Nvidia Geforce Evga GTX 980ti FTW used. Installed it and all was great. He then bought a new CPU, AMD ryzen 5 5600 6 core processor.
Now the front fan runs continuously at 100% even when idle. The back fan does not budge. He believes it is faulty fans. I think drivers. Any suggestions?
Running windows 10 Enterprise.
i have a print out of his bios settings.
What is his bios rev? Is it up to date?
Please run this and post a link to your results please and thank you.

Sblair5

Prominent
Aug 20, 2019
He just had trouble booting. He unplugged the ssd running windows, to go into bios, and the nvidia card would not boot. Removed the graphics card and put in a amd card and now it boots again.

Sblair5

Prominent
Aug 20, 2019
He wants to use the nvidia card. He said he was half way through the bench mark when it died. I feel there is a driver issue that cause it to crash.

You should use DDU. I will explain the process to you below but you should watch a short how to video on DDU before you use it.

Download the latest driver for the 980 ti from Nvidia. Then download and install a program called DDU. Boot into safe mode and run DDU to get ride or all current Nvidia drivers and then run it again to get rid of any AMD drivers. Restart and install the downloaded driver for the 980 ti. Reinstall the 980 ti and see if it works.

You want to do this anyway to get rid of any traces of old AMD or Nvidia drivers that may be conflicting with the new 980 ti.

Sblair5

Prominent
Aug 20, 2019
He flipped the switch. Fan started off at 100%. Before flipping the switch, he would have to open something to make the fan start.