[SOLVED] gpu ok in safe mode but small horizontal lines after installing drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechBloke

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2016
Hi all. Strange one this. I have a mates gpu to try and fix. He said there were small horizonal lines suddenly displaying. Fans active and I've tried different cables in my own pc without success. I booted into safe mode and the screen is fine...no lines. Uninstalled gpu and installed drivers. Lines return. It's a GTX 750ti. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi all. Strange one this. I have a mates gpu to try and fix. He said there were small horizonal lines suddenly displaying. Fans active and I've tried different cables in my own pc without success. I booted into safe mode and the screen is fine...no lines. Uninstalled gpu and installed drivers. Lines return. It's a GTX 750ti. Thanks in advance.
Did you DDU the old drivers while in safe mode? If not i'd suggest for you to do that.
Make sure you turn off all the clocks from MSI Afterburner and see if that makes a difference.

Because if its ok while in safemode theres definetly something wrong with the graphics card drivers or clockspeeds.
Did you DDU the old drivers while in safe mode? If not i'd suggest for you to do that.
Make sure you turn off all the clocks from MSI Afterburner and see if that makes a difference.

Because if its ok while in safemode theres definetly something wrong with the graphics card drivers or clockspeeds.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.