[SOLVED] GPU only using 1GB of dedicated GPU memory? (Destiny 2 stutter)

Avery_1

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
While playing Destiny 2 at high settings, I'm able to get 60 FPS with VSYNC on... but I am getting stutter? I have an MSI GL63 8RD Gaming Laptop, with a 1050ti and I7 8750H. My GPU has 4gb, but task manager is telling me that the GPU is only using 1GB of dedicated GPU memory. Itnever goes above 1. Please help? The stutter is quite annoying.
PwEFrdq.png

Solution
It could also be thermal throttling as laptops can get much hotter so check your temps. Also due to the new forsaken DLC some areas of the DLC mainly the tangled shore tend to lag and have frame drops even on some higher end hardware, unfortunately I personally haven't found a way around this but I lag at 1080p with a Ryzen 1600x, 1070Ti and 16gb of ram. We can only hope that the game will become more optimized soon.

I would also try to test out the other things users have suggested :)

iTzVulcan

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017
It could also be thermal throttling as laptops can get much hotter so check your temps. Also due to the new forsaken DLC some areas of the DLC mainly the tangled shore tend to lag and have frame drops even on some higher end hardware, unfortunately I personally haven't found a way around this but I lag at 1080p with a Ryzen 1600x, 1070Ti and 16gb of ram. We can only hope that the game will become more optimized soon.

I would also try to test out the other things users have suggested :)

Solution

iTzVulcan

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017

Looking more closely at the image it shows 6.3gb used out of your ram which is considerably high so I would have a look at closing some background apps and other things that could be clogging up your system.

Avery_1

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

I have tried reinstalling drivers. Usage is at 0% when idle.

Avery_1

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

Tried this, doesn't fix the issue :/

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

You set it specifically for the Destiny 2 exe? Im 90% sure thats your issue that its using the intel gpu.