Question GPU only using 60-70% power.(RTX 2060 Super)

PermCT

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
Hello guys,

I used to have 90-96% GPU usage all of the time in GTA V and Shadow of The Tomb Raider. Now the usage is only 60-70% at best in both. Usually it dips even to 40-50%.What could be the problem? I wiped the gpu drivers and reinstalled clean version (no geforce experience). Updated ryzen 5 2600x drivers from ryzen master, flashed BIOS. What more can i try. Thanks in advice for all the answers.

EDIT:The FPS has went down too. From 110-120 when driving in GTA V to 70-80.Forgot to mention...

PermCT

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
PSU is Super Flower Leadex 80+silver 650W. I have AMD Ryzen 5 2600x. Usually i had 72 degreese constant on GPU when playing but that was in Romania where it was 36 degreese celcius. Now i am in 22 degrees and temperature is 64 so it is understandable. The cpu is going by itself to 4000mhz even 4100mhz from 3.6ghz.

Did you do something to the GPU before it started dropping in performance? If yes, try to revert that change. Usually, this happens after reseating the GPU improperly. If not, it might be that your PC needs yearly maintenance (cleaning, reinstalling windows, etc.).

PermCT

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
Nope.. the only thing that changed was that i bought a wifi usb adapter tp link archer t2uh. But i am playing offline games so... The pc was built 3 weeks ago..

Use GPU-Z to monitor the specs and show it to us. Use tools like MSI Afterburner to monitor the clocks (tools like GeForce experience also works) and also show it to us. There might be a change in the behaviour that needs to be addressed.

Also, make sure you change the power plan set to "high performance".

TRENDING THREADS