[SOLVED] Gpu only works through analog and doesn't through digital ports

Greyfalcon

Honorable
May 10, 2015
I had been using dvi d cable connecting my gpu to my monitor for the past 1 year. But a couple of months ago suddenly my monitor screen went black while gaming. The pc was still on and responsive but just the screen went black. Since then it goes black and turns back on every few seconds when i turn it on no matter what im doing.

So i thought it was a cable issue and nought a dvi to hdmi cable and the same thing stared again after some time. I sent the new cable back and got refund and bought ANOTHER cable and the same problem appeared again. I tried it on different monitor thinking the dvi port must be faulty but it was the same.

But the thing is if i use DVI I to VGA adapter everything works fine! I have been using it for past 3 weeks and it works perfectly. No more issues.
They only resurface if i use dvi or hdmi ports.

So why does my gpu not work properly when i switch to digital ports? Can this be solved or am i stuck using an adaptor forever?

MSI GTX 960
FX 6300
8 GB ram
Antec vp500 psu

Solution
After going through that much trouble trying different cables and monitors, can only suspect the digital controller on the card is faulty. Not much you can do if that's the case. Maybe try find an electronic repairer.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
After going through that much trouble trying different cables and monitors, can only suspect the digital controller on the card is faulty. Not much you can do if that's the case. Maybe try find an electronic repairer.

Solution

Greyfalcon

Honorable
May 10, 2015
Well if that's the case then I'll have to just keep using the dvi to vga converter. Because I'll have a really hard time finding anyone who'd repair GPUs where I live.
Anyway thanks!