[SOLVED] GPU or Motherboard fault

Sep 20, 2021
Hi
I’m new here and thanks if you can help me in any way. Just advice needed before I make the move

I’ve got and AMD computer.

Asus A320M-K ,
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.9GHz Six Core
ASUS STRIX RX 580 OC 8GB
Corsair 16GB Vengeance (2x8GB)
3000Mhz DDR4
SSD

The computer recently been through a long journey as it moved a few continent. I don’t know if the box has been dropped or been hit by something but when it arrived, the Win10 crashed on startup and the picture looked pixelated but not fall apart. In the background you can see the picture but it had a pixelated front like it had some interference. Like an old tv :LOL:
I’ll try to upload a picture as I can’t describe how it looks, sorry.
The MB starts, the fans starts. GPU starts but the fans stops after a few seconds and then nothing. The rgb on the GPU illuminates.
I've removed the GPU to see if I can get the integrated gpu but nothing so far just black screen however the computer runs 🤷‍♂️
The machine worked before I sent it off.

Thanks

Sep 20, 2021
"I've removed the GPU to see if I can get the integrated gpu but nothing so far just black screen"

Your Ryzen CPU does not have an integrated GPU so it's no good trying that.

Can you try your graphics card on a different PC to see if the problem follows the card ?

Thanks for the reply, I didn’t know that. I haven’t been able to use the card in a different PC yet.

However I have managed to do a fresh install. Brings up a question that, can a faulty card cause windows boot up failure? The windows starts up but the gpu driver isn’t the latest what the system install so when I try to install the latest driver, somewhere halfway the system crashes and reboots. Then it takes a lot of time to start the windows.
The link below is 2 picture of the screen. I don’t know you will be able to see it. View: https://imgur.com/a/TcB1My4

Thanks

Sep 20, 2021
"However I have managed to do a fresh install "

But your second screenshot shows "Windows installation cannot proceed" ?

Please also post PSU make, model & it's age.

I took that screenshot when I tried to do a windows install with it's repair function but it didn’t work. That’s when I did a full format and install of the system. I simply use the picture to see if you guys can say that the gpu is broken or the motherboard is faulty. I know it could be either but I never experienced such things before and I thought showing the picture is enough

My PSU is a Cooler master 500 MWE (mpw-5002-acabw) I bought this whole pc in Feb 2019