Question Gpu or motherboard problem?

marco_ce_pro

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018
Hey guys, so i cleaned my desktop the other day, all went right, its a old pc so i try to be carefull. Its good to know that i already had some issues with the motherboard (i think), sometime ago i started having boot errors, and after a ton of experimentation i discovered that i could only use one of the 4 ddr 3 slots i have, and i had to use the second psi slot in my board, since if i used the first and the other 3 ddr3 slots, boot erros would happen.

So i cleaned the dust, reassembled everything, powered on the computer, no problem on the boot (except that the logo of the motherboard brand had visible image deformations) , it went across the windows loading screen, and when it tried to propelly start windows the monitor went blank with an erros message "input not supported".

I did some troubleshooting
-if i start in secure mode, the pc can detect my card, but will use the onboard card, also on screen resolution, my monitor is not detected, instead it shows "(Default Monitor) on".
-If i unnistall the graphics card drive, i can start windows in normal mode, and it will detect, and intalls the drive, but after restart, the same error will happen.
-i used Gpu-z and it detected the card with no problems, the only thing missing was clock and memory speed and fan temperatures on the sensors tab, wich makes sense since the pc is using the onboard card.
-i have another motherboard, that i haven't used for years, its an amd one (the one i use now is intel), i tried the card on that board, and the image seems good on the bios, but again, after it tries to go to windows, it just restarts, no errors messages on this board. (maybe i need to update board drivers? i tried to conecto the monitor directly to the onboard card of this one but had no image display.

Sorry for the long post, and maybe some english errors, i really dont know what to do, im waiting for my friend to return with my usb drive, so i can try to flash the bios of my amd board and see if i can get some image afterwards. But im afraid that my gpu is broken for good :/

Do you guys had simmilar problems? or know something about this issue? I could use some help :) ty in advance for your troubles

My specs
Windows 7
Gigabyte GA-PH67A-D3-B3
HD 7750
Intel 2500 k
(now)4gb ddr3

edit: i cant see any deformations, neither in the card, neither on the psi slot, but i dont know much about this.

marco_ce_pro

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018
Are you letting Windows 7 install drivers for your graphics card or are you going to the AMD website to get the newest drivers?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7750
i tried to install the drivers via the website, in secure mode, and when i started windows in normal mode (after unnistalling all the drivers and letting him use the onboard card) it was automatic. In both cases, i got the same error after the mandatory restart