GPU OR PSU? COil Whine

codi.rice922

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
Ok so i get up in the morn i turned my PC On and was gonna play a high demanding Game with good Graphics Which i ran BF4 as Always Because that's the Only Game i PLay To Only Find out that there is Seriously Something wrong here? either my Gpu is got coil whine or the Psu has got coil whine i cant tell Really its driving me Nutz Here...But wants Bf4 is loaded and i'm pointing my gun around its making some coil whine noise along with my volume as i move n point my gun around i'm also losing FPS like its spiking from a solid 144hz down to 105hz it will then will go back to 144hz never have seen that happen in my entire life while owning my PC while playing BF4 Online my pc has ran this game for 2years running solid 144hz which would be 143-144 solid running in 2k and the game is very unplayable getting all kind of Packet error emblems from BF4. And yes All my other setting are correct threw Nvidia control panel and The games Graphics and screen settings enabled Etc. been using PC's and have been building them for Years now first encounter ever to see this happen i think my PSU is going Out its a evga Bronze 750w but then it could be my Gpu i have an Asus OC Strix GTX 1080Ti but then again i don't see any thermal throttling or graphic artifacts in my Game..by the way my monitor is The Asus Rog Swift Pg279q (2k)144-165hz ips im running on win 10 and im Running my os and games on a 1tb 960 Evo SSD Nvme M.2 using nzxt kraken RGB watercooled Aio cpu cooler and using 6 new Corsair rgb LL120 fans all in the corsair 570x crystal my motherboard is the msi z270 m7 running on the i7-7700k and for video ram i have 16gb of 3200mhz corsair vengeance Rgb Ram..SO guys from what i just listed as my parts go a 750w psu should be Running my PC just Fine What do u guys Think

Lutfij

Titan
Honestly that is a wall of text. Please add punctuation and spaces between your sentences to help with legibility.

You will need to open the side of the case and carefully isolate the source of the whine by listening to the components in your system.

BTW, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

codi.rice922

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
OK guys i ran a more less demanding game with ok Graphics and my PC runs it solidly on 144hz with a lil coil whine u can barley here it but im running Black ops 2 In Multiplayer on ultra Graphics setting like i have set in Bf4 and the game is running Perfect! i So i went to go Launch BF4? and then the error? was still there losing fraps and very bad coil whine and the game is very laggy

codi.rice922

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
Monitor-Asus PG279Q RoG Swift 144hz-165hz IPS G-Sync (2K)
GPU- Asus OC GTX 1080Ti
CPU- i7 7700k
Motherboard-Msi Z270 M7
HeatSink-AIo NZXT kraken 52 RGB Watercooled Cpu Cooler
memory-Samsung 960 Evo 1TB Running Win 10 Pro
video Ram-Corsair Vengeance RGb 16gb 3200mhz Ram
Case-Corsair 570x Crystal ruuning ALL 6 New LL120 Series RGB Fans
PSU-Evga 750w Bronze
ASus Wifi Card