GPU Overclocking Thread

Eximo

Titan
Herald
So I sez the GPU, run faster, and then it did.

But seriously, lately been playing with power targets to see if I can drop a few degrees off my 1080. No issues running itself up to 133% power target (supposedly it should stop at 120%), but that could just be bad logging. Pretty standard fair though I can only eek about 2101Mhz out of the GPU and something like 10,400Mhz out of the memory. Not bad for a reference design board, but not amazing.

I think GPU overclocking has become a rather tame affair with Nvidia.

Jan 16, 2019
Hello, just wondering, can overclocking a gpu, then installing a new gpu later, cause black screen issues and your fans to randomly jump to 100% power after the screen goes black?

Eximo

Titan
Herald

Really deserves its own post, rather than replying to one as old as this one.

But no, the overclocking settings wouldn't transfer between cards. That sounds more like a basic driver problem. Try a reinstall using Display Driver Uninstaller.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Jan 16, 2019

thanks so much for responding, I posted about this in its own thread but no one responded lol.

I did that already actually. I downloaded a DDU and reinstalled drivers, and even tried to reinstall older versions on my driver but it made no difference, I even reinstalled windows also. it just goes black after a couple mins, sometimes even 30 sec and weirdly the fans started jumping to 100% power after it goes black....no idea whats happening

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS